How to Get a Job in Software Testing
Like any other job, getting a Job OR choosing software testing as a career, requires
- interest and
- dedication as the foremost criteria.
If you lack these, chances are you will get bored which will have a negative impact on your performance at work and the quality of the product being tested.
So, what skills do you need to get a job in Software Testing?
- Manual Testing Techniques at Finger Tips
- black box testing techniques
- Boundary Value Analysis and
- Equivalence Class Partitioning
- How to write Test Cases
- What is Bug Life Cycle
- How to report a Bug etc
- black box testing techniques
- Testing Tools
- Experience with any Software Testing Tool is highly beneficial.
- These tools are
- Automation Testing Tools,
- Performance Testing Tools,
- Test Management Tools and
- Bug Tracking Tools
- In Market, we have Winrunner, Quick Test Professional (QTP), load runner, HP Quality Center to name a few. Other testing tools such as BugZilla, Selenium.
- We will brief all But make you Certified on either QTP or Selenium.
- Personality and Attitude towards testing
- As a software tester, your job is to check to see that the software is running according to the design and specification and
- you should report any deviation from the documented scripts.
- Therefore, a great deal of concentration, thorough investigation and proper recording of results are very important.
- A good tester should have the attitude of “attempt to break” software and demonstrate that the software is fit for release.
- Other attributes such as
- good memory (to reproduce the unscripted steps)
- a good communicator and team player (to discuss any defects found to other members of the team and the management)
- Be Ethical (you don’t pass a script without executing it first!)
- Once you are done, you will be capable to crack ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualification Board) If you are interested, we will guide you to crack that as well.
- If you are a fresher & taken coaching on Software Testing and have Certification like ISTQB, you should be relaxed from Job related tensions
When you attend an interview for a Software Testing Role you should be comfortable with the Software Testing terminologies, methodologies and various testing techniques. What is SDLC & where Software Testing fits in the SDLC. You need to familiarize yourself with the different development models (or methodologies) such as waterfall, the V model, incremental, spiral and more frequently these days, the Agile processes.
Software Testing Job as a Professional Career
Many freshers enter a Software Testing field as a stepping stone to later move on to software development while others choose the Software Testing Job as their career and continue to stay in testing field.
Testing requires a great deal of knowledge of test design techniques to design good tests that bring out the defects in the software when executing the tests. Also testing requires creativity, analytical thinking, concentration and willingness to explore.
We will also help you in
- Grooming your personality while facing the Interview Board.
- Preparing questions, which might be asked by Employers.
- Cracking ISTQB Certification
- Assisting you by informing you about Job Vacancy in CMM Level 3 or Level 5 companies.